Monday, May 23, 2011

Queen of the Sun

I am taking myself on a date and going to see this independent film tonight: Queen of the Sun

It is only in my city for a week, and it's so timely it's a little bit... mystical? I am suddenly so obsessed with bees, and dream about bees, and go and watch my bees like a creepo, and trying to learn all I can about bees and the culture around caring for them. So, you can't even grasp my excitement that this movie has been made and I get to go see it and ALSO drink a beer while I'm there.

Mostly, I am intrigued by the woman who dances covered in bees. Not sure I'm at that level yet. I probably need to do more drugs and move somewhere more conducive to New Age lifestyles like Arizona or Vermont.

And besides, who would *not* go see a movie with an awesomely weird half-naked French guy who likes to brush his bees with his mustache?? I mean, honestly.

I did not take this photo. As I did not travel to France and track him down and say HEY GUY! Show me your hives and let me photograph you with my cameraphone! But then again.... maybe I did.

2 comments:

  1. That's what I was going to do, the take myself on a date thing...But it ain't happening :(

    So I am looking forward to hear about this movie since I am not going to be able to make it and I am SUPER bummed! But if you'll share, I'll live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! I meant to post about it, then I got wrapped up in the filter project. Haha! But it was an amazing movie and definitely want to see it again. I will take some time to write it down tomorrow - especially since there is a lot I don't want to forget.

    ReplyDelete